Monday, February 14, 2011

Distant

I have been without constant internet for about 5 days now, and let me tell you, it's terrible! I'm at the library right now on my laptop. Erg..

In the world of tatting, I'm working on three new projects! Yup, three. The first is a belt, the second is a doily, and the other is a tablecloth, so I'm pretty busy, which makes me happy.

The crown that I had made, completely refused to stay stiff, so I made a glue mixture that I read about which is 1 part glue/3 parts water. I mixed it up really well in a cup and then scrunched the crown up, dipped it in, rung it, and gave it a light rinse, I didn't want the glue to totally wash out. The challenge with this method is that you can't pin any of the picots out, being that it has to be on a hard form, like plastic or glass. If it were on any sort of foam or fabric, it would adhere to it. I used a plastic protein powder container upside down and it worked out great. I just had to make sure that everything (rings and picots) were in order. It dried over night and turned out awesome! So a few things were a tad out of place, I love this finished product and it's very strong. This mixture wouldn't be that good for doilies or anything, but it really makes a difference with 3d creations. Maybe if it were diluted more it be okay, I'm not sure.

Anyway, I guess I'll be on my way! Have a nice week (:

2 comments:

  1. The crown is fabulous! I don't think I mentioned it in the earlier post.

    ReplyDelete