Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Mastering the Medium

Looking at everyone's blogs, I keep seeing things that you can click on to lead you elsewhere and AWESOME page set ups. So, I decided to learn how to do that for myself.

I revamped my page! I went a bit crazy with the fonts and everything, you can tell me if it's too much. I also filled in my "about me", although there isn't much to say about me, and added a feed for the blogs that I'm following. The most exciting thing that I figured out was the LINKSSSSSS!!! YAY! I'm behind the times, sorry.

So, in my last post ( which I'm refraining linking to, because it'll be right under here), I talked about doing a new crown. Well, I haven't particularly done too much of it. Mondays and Tuesdays are my homework days. But I feel I should leave a pic, still! So you can see that I've done a little. Actually, I've done half of the bottom rim. So that's good, I'll work more tomorrow.


Now, in the last post, I also talked about a friendship bracelet that I made. Here's another one, this one is macramé.

There's that, as well as a scar that I got when I was 8 years old from a hot glue gun. The actual metal sizzled into my skin. And then, to make matters worse, on Christmas Eve, I accidentally ripped the scab off with my shoe.... Just thought I'd share.

Ahaha...I'll leave you one that note!
Thanks for reading (:
<3

5 comments:

  1. Your page looks great! I've been blogging nearly four years, and I still haven't figured everything out.

    I may have to go back and look at those crown patterns. I've always wondered what I'd do with one if I made it. I'm sure I could always decide alter. Please keep showing your progress. When patterns are broken down, it often inspires me to try something new!

    Cute friendship bracelet. Thanks for sharing your scar story. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Page looks very tasty!

    The beginning of your piece is so pretty.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like seeing a work in progress too. Hmmm...rainbows must be a trend. I just left a blog with brilliantly colored socks and here's your new brilliantly colored page too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I discovered your blog through Gina's tatting site (Tatting Goddess). Gina generously links to just about every tatting site out there, and you'll certainly be noticed there! You might also wish to join the 25-Motif Challenge, which is another popular site for sharing your considerable talent.

    I am SO impressed that at your young age you are so enthusiastic and knowledgeable about tatting, not to mention that you already have considerable tatting skills! ( I"m not sure you have explained how you learned to tat.) You're even entering the County Fair! Usually the Fairs don't even have a tatting category, so their thread restriction is kind of 'good news, bad news', especially since you have to re-tat that fabulous crown. You might take it along just to see if they'd make an exception. It could show the difference in thread sizes. They should be impressed that you re-tatted it.

    It's wonderful that you represent a new generation and you will bring this art to a new audience in your peer group!

    Your blog is very attractive, and I very much like the new setup, including the font. I've been blogging for two and a half years, and I'm still confused and intimidated by it! I hope to comment on your earlier posts when I get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems as though the least useful patterns are the prettiest! The last crown I made, I gave to my cousin (the one that I photographed wearing it). I'm not very attached to it and I figure she can wear it while playing dress up and when she gets bored of it, it can just be displayed.

    And I hope rainbows are a trend ^_^ color makes anything happy.

    It's so amazing how many tatting blogs there are! Nice to know we (tatters) aren't few. Maybe tatters my age are, but I definitely have faith that it will pick up. Because teenagers and young people LOVE DIY, what more DIY than handmade lace? I'm just very up to speed on this trend.

    I don't particularly like the last crown I made, so this one is no problem, I'm learning to love #20 thread! ;D

    I love comments (:
    thank you!

    ReplyDelete