Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Ouch!

As I write this, there is a gray wildcat pulling my hair. And there is nothing I can do about it. It was cute for about 10 seconds, but ow! She's very persistent. I want to cut my hair SO BADLY! Summer in the desert is not kind. That's why the Snow Birds flock down here in the winter to marvel at its mildness and then go home to their own mild summer when it is no longer safe to leave lipstick in the car, about April. Oh how I envy them! Most people have an accessible pool here, but at some point, usually late summer, the water itself is too hot. There's my rant for the day.

Shuttle 2.5 is officially in the making and will be debuted tomorrow! I hope it goes well. I'm happy with the materials so far. For graduation, I got a new computer (I'd been using my aunts for months) and FINALLY was able to transfer the files from my tired, old Acer Aspire. It was a nerdy mess, I tell ya!

But, now, I have my Beatles back, as well as some old music of my own that I forgot even existed. How strange....

Since I am taking absolutely AGES on the handkerchief edging, I figure I'll show you what the edging looks like, since I'm awfully proud of it.

This is something that I had intended on doing months ago. I had cut up an old t-shirt and saved the collar and dyed it blue. This is a rather landmark project because 1. I'm using #10 for the first time since I started using #20 and up, 2. It will be dyed after, and 3. It's for myself, as nothing has ever been, really.

It will all be a dark shade of blue, or the collar will blue and the lace green. I'm not sure, but I think it will be cool!

I showed a picture of this a few blogs ago. I recently got Modge Podge. I had heard great things about it and REALLY wanted some. If you've seen the other things I've done, you'll know that I really like personalizing things. My guitar is very plain. Before, I had put decals on it and stickers on the frets, but after working with the Modge Podge a little, the guitar was in mind. The paper is from Joann and cost only a couple dollars. I keep missing the sun for good pictures, but it looks like this all around and the edges are pretty perfect, if I may say so! The finish is still very smooth, and I'm awfully proud of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment