Sunday, May 8, 2011

Yo Momma

There I go again. C-c-c-combo breaker! That's actually my favorite comeback, jokingly of course. It's Mother's Day! Hurrah! I won't see my mom today, as I'm going home on Wednesday. That's fine with me, I still need to write out everyone's cards (mom, aunt, and grandma). Mother's Day is so.. hmm.... EASY! For tatters I mean. Moms love tatting. So, I'm going to give my aunt and mom tatted earrings. My grandma, because she is such a rebel, doesn't wear any jewelry ever. I've made her countless pieces of jewelry over the years, and she's never actually worn it unless I put it on her. So, instead, I will write her a poem. She keeps all of those in a plastic bag in her purse. Why so late? I didn't actually know Mother's Day was coming up until late last week, and then I was busy with Art in the Park.

Today was... good? I think? I got up at 6 and left at 7, got to the park and no one was there. It seems that the artists only get there early to set up on the first day because everything is left over night. So I went to Starbucks and went on the internet, and spilled peppermint hot chocolate down my sweatshirt. That's what kind of day it was. AWESOME. I find that an unfortunate "day-ruining" event in the morning makes for a good day in the long run, maybe because of lowered expectations after the occurrence. After that, I went back to the show and everything went pretty well. A lot of people took my flier, which talks about me and has all of my contact info and links. I sold a necklace for $15. An older woman came early in the morning and said "Oh my daughter would love this. She likes those colors. I'll have to bring her by later" Usually, people who say that they'll come back never do, but she did, surprisingly. Her daughter never came, so she just went ahead and got it.

I don't know what I was thinking. There are a lot of things like this that I made. Little, weird things that turned out kinda cool. It was just so boring! Here's another necklace.

And here are little earrings that I made from rings. The purple pair is from the rings Michelle sent, they're a little bigger than the rings used for the green.



People really like the ring earrings. But no one buys... Which is fine with me, because I kinda want to keep them!

I'm so glad Art in the Park is over. It was a lot of fun, but I'm tired. I met a bobbin lace group today! I'm going to go visit them, and maybe I'll try to learn hmmmm.. Not much else to say. I guess I shall take my leave and go to sleep! *yawn*

Make sure to comment on the last post for the giveaway! You have a week!

I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day!
(:
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment