Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Return of the Anika

I've been rather neglectful, or, at least, I feel that way. You see, the Internet at our house has been haywire. It has been accessible through my iPod, which I use for emails, but I haven't found an app for reading blogs so there is about of a month of blog posts I need to catch up on. Supposedly, it will be fixed tomorrow, so, I'm really looking forward to that!

These past couple weeks have been very exciting. Remember all the carpet in my room? Gone.









Yeahhh, it was quite a treacherous journey. And, I did it all by myself. That sounds strange to say, but I really am proud of the feat. The carpet had to be ripped up, then the stupid padding that had stupid glue, the glue had to be scraped, the cement swept and scrubbed, then painted, over the course of about 6 full days. The glue made me miserable, I just don't know why the padding needed to be glued down. And, the cement was soooooooo dirty! Even after scrubbing it. I'm happy! The pink is perfect, and I made the room really simple, so when the closet is closed, there isn't anything distracting. Having a rolling chair is a dream. The closet organization is a work in process, I'll post pictures when I'm done! ((:


I got so much awesome stuff in the mail within the past few weeks, I feel incredibly blessed! I want to get proper permission first, and then I'll post it!

So just one last picture, of the cute kitty cat.


She thinks she's a book! ^_^

Next post won't be quite as delayed! I'm looking forward to catching up on all of the blogs, as I won't be able to properly sit down and read until tomorrow. YEEE!

Thank you for bearing with me (:

<333

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That was a lot of work, but so worth it. Your room looks fabulous. I'm glad you are getting settled into your new space. Your energy and creativity is inspiring :)
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anika, your room looks so neat and tidy! Isn't it great making a space your own? Good on you for doing it all yourself.

    ReplyDelete