Saturday, July 9, 2011

Row 4 of the Pink Doily

Bleh... BLEH! That's all I have to say.. Well, actually, of course, I have a lot to say. These past few days have been kinda miserable. I came down with an illness that required some medical attention. I tend to think of myself as indestructible. And, doctors/hospitals are avoided at all costs. This situation is especially troubling because not only am I ill, but, I am falling prey to the side effects of Sulfameth/ Trimethoprim. That means ridiculous nausea, dizziness, and lack of appetite. How terribly inconvenient, as we haven't even started moving furniture to the new house.

But, no more complaining!

I've gotten new followers recently! For a while, I feared I was stuck at a solid 35, but now I'm up to 42. I know everyone says not to worry about the number of followers, it's just solid proof that people actually are reading what I'm saying, and it's really cool. So, thank you!

Too many words, Anika, stop talking.... Okay, okay.. Row 4 of the Pink Doily has been finished. It's not terribly neat.


I thought it looked kinda cool with the background light. (My windows are covered with paper to reflect the sun, never got around to putting something shinier)

That's pretty much it. The ridiculously lengthy edging for the handkerchief is actually going pretty fast. I finished a little more than half a side in one sitting. Exciting!

The next post will be interesting, I promise!

9 comments:

  1. I think your pink doily is beautiful! I hope the move goes smoothly. I hate moving, and our last move was just across the yard. I may decide to stay put for the rest of my life, even though the house is way to big for just the two of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the pattern for the pink doily? Are you making it up as you go? It is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pink doily is very pretty! I like that backlit look - it shows the "art" of the piece without the eye focusing on color or stitches.

    I hope your move brings you a new creative space :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear that you are better!

    Did you move already, if so I hope you're settling in well.

    The doily is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pink doily is stunning! How much more do you have to go?

    I'm sorry to hear you've been sick. I hope your recovering swiftly. How is the move going?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! did you design it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The doily looks great. It is a shame you must get sick to get well. ;) I hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your doily is looking fantastic!! Great color too! :)

    ReplyDelete