Friday, August 19, 2011

Hallelujah!

This is a post I've been dreaming about for a while.



It's finished.

It took months, practically. Hours and hours and hours.... But, it's now finished! I might find a square motif to put in the corners, though. The pattern was "Svea" from Tatting Patterns and Designs. It was intended for a collar, so required a little manipulating, but I think it looks nice! The handkerchief was from the kind Michelle. What led me to take on the ridiculous edging was the nice size of the handkerchief. It's very cute. Alone, the handkerchief measures just under 9". The edging, alone, measures 2" thick.

More pictures.



In my head, it seemed, that once this project was complete, I would feel free, FREEEEE!!!! But, I don't.... Because now there are a million other things I need to complete. I've got to keep reminding myself, though, "DO NOT START ANYMORE BIG PROJECTS".

Some random stuff.

With the tatting needle, came a needle threader.. that broke... They all break. Maybe its just me. I thought the back of it was cool, so I fashioned it into a ring.


I've got tons of those middle cardboard parts that hold thread. Not wanting to throw them away because they're so sturdy, I've been hoarding them. I finally decided to do this art installment-type thing. I'll add on as I get more, and little things can go in them. 


Ummmm another painting. 



And Darla! A ton of pictures of her. I realize that there are millions of cats that look exactly like her, but she's still cute!!! 






That's it! New thread tomorrow. 

Thank you. (:

10 comments:

  1. Anika- I so wish that my Aunt Rose-E could see what beautiful work you have done with this handkerchief. It's absolutely glorious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spectacular...that border is incredible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of work in the hanky. Well done for getting it done - way too easy to give up on a large project!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! It's also a remind that I need to get back to the three hankies I'm working on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a major accomplishment! Congratulations on the beautiful edging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful edging! Very creative. You should be very proud of yourself.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done on finishing the hanky edging! It's a lovely wide design. A beautiful result!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice work on the hanky! That requires some dedication. Also, I break needle threaders so often that my husband told me I should buy stock in them on Amazon... so no, you're definitely not the only one. I wonder if there's a trick we don't know about?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful!! I've been trying to figure out how to 'round' the corners with this pattern also. I've been contemplating using a blomqvist spuare motif.

    beautiful work!!
    john

    ReplyDelete