Friday, September 16, 2011

Nice Mistakes

It's not necessarily a block, but I've been having tatting problems. Every time I try, I'm extraordinarily terrible. So, I've made a new goal to try to perfect my techniques and learn some new ones.

One thing that has confused me, is the right number of beads. I recently discovered eBay. SO. MANY. SEED BEADS. I got a ton of those, because, after avoiding beads, I found that they're not actually that terrible.

This started as the second snowflake in "24 Julestjerner i Orkis". I'm too lazy to translate it, but the snowflakes are so pretty. Anyway, when I was tatting it, I didn't make my picots long enough, so it started to get bunched up. This called for some morphing, and it turned into this.


I like how it turned out, but I'm going to redo it at some point! I thinkkk it's size 20, maybe it's 50. It's in my own Cupcake thread. The beads actually look pretty nice! Yay!

Speaking of thread, I added a couple new ones.



The Secret Project is going as planned, and, it looks like it will be unveiled on either the 8th (my birthday) or the 10th of October. Yay again! ^_^

5 comments:

  1. Your threads are very pretty!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way your motif morphed, and the color is luscious! I keep visiting your Etsy shop and looking at all the wonderful colors. I do feel a spending spree coming on, after we pay for the new siding for the house! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all so pretty!!

    *sniffle* If I hadn't spent all my extra earnings this month already, I would love to get some of your thread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always have picot-length problems. I love your color choices for your thread! Beautiful

    ReplyDelete