Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Alright

A post. I've been pretty sickly lately. And it's not very nice to be touching fabrics and fibers when sick, so not much has been accomplished. Yesterday and the day before, I was feeling a little better. So I worked on some more little earrings for my friend, since she just got her ears pierced a couple months ago.




The second ones I had made in purple for her already, but I remembered that she doesn't like dark purple. So I gave those away and remade them in Krystle's "Vineyard at Dusk" (or something, she hasn't dyed thread in wayyy too long!).

The yellow flower is a single-type thing. Those sing long feather earrings are popular and, since my friend has a ton of them, they might look cool paired with the giant stud.

Lastly, the hoops I wrapped a while ago and was never going to anything with. I don't wear earrings, I just wear captive bead rings because I'm afraid of my earrings being ripped out. Why even have pierced ears? Becauseeee!

Yesterday, I got up the strength to wind up some skeins I've dyed.






The solid colors make me so happy. It's strange. I need to get a really patternful (new word) motif book. My thread collection has grown, but I need more. Lots more. Tatting must be done!

BUT.... Not any time soon... Because I now have strep throat, which is weird because I rarely even leave the house, and wash my hands constantly. *sigh*

All I know is that it hurts REALLY bad, really hot things help, and cold things hurt terribly (orange juice: my love ): ).

Oh yeah. I turned 18 on Saturday. Woo.

That's it!

9 comments:

  1. Sorry you feel crappy, but Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you are better soon.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR ANIKA,
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
    and many more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. goodness those threads are gorgeous!!! Get better soon- and happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 18th Birthday! That's a big one! Hope you celebrate it for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!! Hope it was a wonderfully special day! Take care and get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi

    Happy birthday, Have a wonderful day, your threads are beautiful and your earrings are gorgeous,

    First visit to your blog and I will be back again.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great earrings! Hope you feel better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your HDT! Especially that variegated w/ green (pic#7). I hope you get better soon and late ¡Feliz cumpleaƱos!

    ReplyDelete