Sunday, May 13, 2012

Polymer clay earrings... and sea life?

I didn't think I'd be posting again this weekend, but yesterday I remembered that I have a grandma and aunt. So obviously I should have something for them for Mother's Day. I was feeling creative, so these are what I came up with.



These I made for my aunt. She really likes sunflowers. I couldn't figure out how to texture the middle so I just poked a bunch of little holes. The purple flower ones turned out really nice. I shaped the marble-esque things out of an ugly clay that I couldn't use, stuck in the wire so that I could put eye pins later on, then did all the detail work after baking, finishing with glaze (which, shortly after, spilled everywhere. Good thing I'm going to JoAnn later!)

By the way, Joann is having a pattern sale today. Buttericks, Vogue, and McCalls are all on sale. I've been planning this trip for a while. All the coupons I've been collecting meet up today!

This picture is shockingly bad. I keep looking at the pin for all those itty bitty bubbles and can hardly see anything. The camera just picks them up a lot! This is a pin for my grandma. Made the same way as the purple dangle earrings.



Now these are some earrings I was just fooling around with. I had seen some pictures on Sculpey that were inspiring. I don't use Sculpey, but they sure have a lot of resources.

 

 This last thing is incredibly random. As I mentioned in my last post, I frequent polymer clay videos on YouTube. And recently I've been seeing a lot of cutesy octopuses. I wanted to do something like that, but didn't want to be just like everyone else, so I made a squid instead! It has two eye pins (maybe that isn't the name) on the opposite side for a necklace. I doubt it will ever make it to necklace form as it isn't the type of thing I usually wear. It turned out really cute though, I think! Yeehaw.



Fin!

~Anika

4 comments:

  1. Very cheerful pieces! My favorit is the flowery pin with the little bubbles, looks like a ceramic work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my favorite is the sunflower earrings, i am trying to do a sunflower in tatting. sunflowers are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely clay work!

    Clay is something I never dared to venture into!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, you inspired my etsy treasury.

    http://www.etsy.com/treasury/ODY1MzI2MXwyNzIwMjkzMTY5/i-tat-you-tat-we-all-tat

    do you use etsy/ i couldn't find you otherwise i would have included you.

    ReplyDelete