Thursday, May 31, 2012

Successfully Winged

Isn't it so nice to just make up a project out of the blue and have it work out? It seems to happen rarely to me. I'll think up a project that might be fun and it turns out catastrophically. Recently I purchased several fabrics (one yard each) because I had a super awesome idea in mind. Long story short, there isn't much that one can do with a single yard of fabric. So I've had some random floral fabric lying around.

If you've been reading my latest posts, you'd know that I'm working on perfecting my crochet skills. Crochet and I have a long history together. From a young age, I've had the strong urge to create. I had always liked to visit the craft area of Walmart with my grandma and I suppose one day the meager crochet area caught my eye. My grandma got me a crochet hook and a little pamphlet (which didn't actually help anything, so she ended up showing me how to do it). So at around 6, I began my crocheting journey. Not knowing how to read patterns, and not being all that committed, I've ended up with a sporadic amount of crochet hooks, strewn everywhere. The sizes are completely random and I even have multiples of a few of them.

The point! I've subscribed to a lot of crocheting blogs. And there are a lot of crochet hook holders. So I decided to make my own. Here it is!


Yay! This makes me really proud because 1. It's completely my own creation and 2. There's nothing I'd do differently. No mistakes. The ribbons are secure. The pockets are well sized. There are like twice as many as I show in the picture. I just have a pathetic collection of crochet hooks. Sewing is usually not something I'm good at, but I'm happy with this!

Polymer clay time! These are bracelets inspired by a picture I saw when I was browsing Google pictures. Actually, inspired isn't the word. I basically copied them and gave it my own lazy twist.




I actually found the picture. Their bracelets are lot neater.

How in the world did they get it so neat?!

Last thing. I've been trying to up my skills a bit more with polymer clay so that maybe, just maybe, I can have something to show for at the Redlands Art Association. This is a snake on a branch.


What do you think?

Fin.

:)

3 comments:

  1. Fun! I love the bracelet and the snake. (but especially the snake... so cute!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely sewing!

    and I really really LOVE the braclet! I wish i had one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. along with your other talents, you seem to have a way with the polymer clay. and how do you know that google bracelets aren't just printed on stamped clay? yours are hand done one of a kind.

    as for the snake, you go girl, the leaf and the branch, wow, you have a definite knack.

    ReplyDelete