Saturday, December 15, 2012

Back in the doily mood: The Miracle.

I decided to be adventurous and begin a new doily. That's something I haven't done in a long time. A big project just seems so daunting. But I got so much beautiful size 80 thread! That can hardly be used for jewelry, so a doily was the best plan to showcase the colors. To top it off, I recently re-purchased a copy of Tatting Patterns and Designs by Gun Blomqvist and Elwy Persson (crazy names). The doily patterns in there are so perfect. This is the one I decided on:


Entitled "The Miracle", it's very elegant. I'm on the third row. It's one of those lengthy impressive-but-never-want-to-do-it-again rows. Unfortunately, it repeats later on, but looks so pretty!



I'm using size 80 Girly Girl by Lizbeth.

As a buffer project, I started another doily as well, but the progress is not notable yet.

3 comments:

  1. It's looking lovely so far, I have this thread but not used it yet, I gave my grand daughter this one for her birthday last week and it was opened and straight onto the new shuttle to play with. She's into pink big time. I wonder if she will make pink animals as she loves tatting animals.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful doily, and Girly Girl really shows off nicely in this pattern.

    ReplyDelete