Friday, December 28, 2012

Tatted gifts and apple pie!

I should be cleaning my desk, but decided to efficiently procrastinate and do a blog post!

I ended up adding chains to these earrings for my mom.


She actually wore them! Success!

To go along with them, I made a bracelet in a matching fashion.



Fast pattern.

Polymer clay cookie pendant.

I made a display card for it.

A bookmark I ended up making for my grandma. I really don't like how it came out.


After using size 80 routinely, 20 is impossible. So I think, from now on, I will only be using size 40 and up.

A thank-you bookmark in size 50 thread. Dyed it forever ago.

Lovely base thread. DMC Cordonnet from France. So silky smooth.

Size 80 motif from Tatting Patterns and Designs. It called for two shuttles, but I just used one.

Teeny tiny paper clip butterflies. I made these because I wanted to see all the pretty new threads without starting a big project.


My first watercolor that I'm actually happy to show.


Lots of progress to be made, but it's a step in the right direction.

Lastly, a Dutch apple pie I made for Thanksgiving. Mmm! Now I'm starving for more. Good thing I have apples left.


The pie crust dough I had originally made, didn't work out, so I had to make a no-chill dough at the last minute. It worked out splendidly. Nice and smooth. Easy to roll. Not exactly a perfect lattice top, but not bad for my first attempt ever.

4 comments:

  1. Wow you have been busy, your earring, bracelet and bookmarks are beautiful. Love you bracelet design looks lovely with the two different types of beads.
    Your apple pie is very well done and your lattice work ok not perfect but looks delicious.
    Well done
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice earrings and bracelette! Love the threads, especially on the cross. Your painting looks good! Love the cookie pendant, and you bake, too? Looks yummy. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did very nicely on all your projects. Those earrings and the matching show very good work with beads and design.
    pie crusts are touchy, you have to be careful they don't get tough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tatting looks just lovely! I recently learned to tat, but am still not very good at it; and I still don't know how to use two shuttles. Your bead work is beautifully mystifying to me! lol I would really like to get better at it because I recently inherited dozens and dozens of balls of tatting thread; all sizes and all colors.

    I saw your blog over on stitchin fingers right after I opened up a new discussion on whether or not a tatting group is needed there. I hope you'll weigh on that question. 8)

    Thanks,
    Susan in Texas

    ReplyDelete