Friday, December 21, 2012

The Miracle Doily Progress and Itty Bitty Butterflies

Okay, so I guess doilies aren't so bad. This one has breezed by. Even the "long" row. That was actually my favorite to tat (don't tell anyone!). The fast rows aren't very much fun. Especially all-ring rows. I have a hard time getting those even, but I don't think it turned out too badly.  Just one more row! It's the same as the "long" row. That might take a couple days. Love the thread!


Last night a did a couple butterflies from Tatting Collage by Lindsay Rogers. The first is the right Butterfly done in size 80 Country Side (Lizbeth #117). The second (left) is the same pattern, but I moved around the picots and added some. It's done in size 80 Sea Scape (Lizbeth #125). Very pretty! Guess I just really like blue and orange. The white is also quite nice; it's more of an ecru. I HAD intended on tatting them onto a paper clip, but I forgot... Both times round....


Before moving back to the doily, I'm going to work on some more little paperclip critters!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely doily, beautiful butterflies love the colours you used. Very pretty.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, the doily did not turn out too badly. In fact it is looking good. This has inspired me to think of tatting something in the mignonette style as well.

    ReplyDelete