Sunday, December 9, 2012

Three Earring Patterns. (Buttons and beadwork!)

I've been having so much fun coming up with new patterns! Well, of course I'm sure are similar patterns out there, as these are simple.

This one is for a two hole button. Four hole buttons seem to be preferable, but I wanted to see if I could comfortably use a two hole button. Not so bad!

(Funny button story. I could only get my hands on a bag full of random red buttons, so yesterday I went to JoAnn to see if I could buy some. Goodness gracious. JAM PACKED. Jam packed as in I couldn't fathom where the end of the line might be. I left, defeated. There aren't even any sales right now!! Sigh. To eBay it is... )



Just wish I had white buttons....

For the next ones, I did finish the pairs, but didn't add the hook as it's too hard to photograph with them.

This next one is my first attempt at using beads on both threads, if that makes any sense. Like, there is a bead on the shuttle thread and three on the ball thread making a square. Lovely! I used a gold plated jump ring in the center. It just gives such a nice clean look.



This one played on that same technique to an extreme. I am so in love with how these turned out. Lovely ecru and gold!


Isn't it beautiful? I used long gold beads in the first picot and on the shuttle thread for chains, with 5 gold beads per chain on the ball thread. These are definitely going to be made several more times. The only thing I don't like so much in that the shape in the middle isn't perfect. Maybe I should make the thread looser.

I'll be making many of these. Not any more button earrings until I get some more, but a ton of the last.

Also, thank you for the suggestions of things I could make for my grandma! I have a good idea of what I'm going to do now.

2 comments:

  1. I love them all, but the bottom one is most intriguing to me... love those bugle beads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them all, the last pair intrigues me, how you managed to get the beads looking all the same length.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete