Friday, January 11, 2013

Shuttles and crochet.


These have been hanging from my ears like every day for weeks. A long time ago, I just crocheted random flowers and things from my mind. Two or three weeks ago, I decided to clean out that box and almost threw these away. But I decided to starch them. They sat on my desk for a few days and I thought "SEQUINS!". Sewed a neat circle of opalescent sequins in the middle. Voila! Every day. They're so pretty. And they keep their shape surprisingly well with no stiffener. Now if only I could remember what exactly I did.....

Speaking of crochet, while I was bored last week, I decided to crochet some miniatures.




They're plain, but I had the idea of adding tatting to them. I just need to felt them first. They're made of fishermen's wool. While making these, I realized just how much I ruined making socks for myself. Even crocheting teeny tiny ones, made my mind go antsy.

Finally, some shuttles.


Never done this before. I used modge podge and sealed with polyurethane. They're nice and smooth to the touch. Perhaps, I should invest in some matte polyurethane. The shine detracts from the look.

Some with paper. Not so pretty. I need to work on it.



That's it for today!
School in 3 days!
I'm gonna keep on rhyming
if you think it's okay.
Okay, no more,
I'm becoming a bore;
I guess that's why
I probably shouldn't blog at four.....

3 comments:

  1. It's amazing how creative and artistic you are and that your mind never rests! It's nice to see so much enthusiasm for your many crafts, especially at your young age! I kind of envy the opportunities you have with so much available. However I remember when the bigger craft stores were built (way before the internet) and i felt overwhelmed just walking in there (and still do!) I'm not sure I would have learned as much as I did about knitting at a young age. There weren't as many distractions or availability of supplies in other crafts! Love the shuttles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shuttles! I like the shine. I guess it goes well with the glitter I like to use. However, I also like the matte finish.

    ReplyDelete