Tuesday, February 12, 2013

School Doily #1

School has been a tad more overwhelming than I had expected. Not in a way that I feel I have no time, but in that time is going by so fast and I don't realize it. It's not something I'm going to fight as I really am enjoying the quick pace. I can't believe that more than a month has gone by already!

In fashion with the never-stopping, hustle, I decided that my (limited) free time should be occupied by something. Crocheting! Ta-da! It's fast, quiet, and pretty mindless. I would have started tatting more, but this is something I want to do during lectures and movies, and I don't think professors would appreciate clicking shuttles. My mom used to yell at me at night for clicking so much.

My first doily. I started and finished this on Sunday after I finished my 6(!!!) hours of math homework. It was supposed to go on more, but that didn't happen.



I couldn't figure out the next row for the life of me, so I just tied off. It still looks pretty. This is #5 Pretty Pineapples from the book Absolutely Gorgeous Doilies. It measures almost 7 1/2", so it's not too bad.

I've already started on my next doily, and, unluckily for me, it had the SAME tricky stitch! Sneaky patterns... But I actually figured it out and only have 1 1/2 rows left on that one. So you will see it soon!

And since I now know that stitch, I will be reattempting this pattern in the future, since I really like the openness and the the tight, contrasting stitches, plus that pretty flower.

More to come!

3 comments:

  1. That is a pretty doily, and you got it done so fast. Good for you. you need to switch to a bobbin shuttle, no clicking he he

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty doily! I'm so impressed with all your artistic abilities!

    I agree with Ladytats about the bobbin shuttles, although the really quiet ones are the beautiful Pop A Bobbins!

    ReplyDelete