Saturday, April 27, 2013

Keeping from insanity. Crochet!

If you read my last post, you know that I am driving myself nuts. School is my number one priority, as it should be, but I've immersed myself in it to an enormous extent. My thinking is that I don't want to do this again. I've got to do my best the first time.

Turns out my history professor doesn't hate me. My Algebra exam went well. There were no problems that stumped me. A couple took some thought, but I was able to go back and complete them with confidence. I was almost sad when I finished. If only all of life's issues and troubles could be solved with Algebra. Maybe then I would know what the heck I'm doing. No results for that test yet, but I'll let you know. I've got to put my money where my mouth is, after all.

I haven't been doing much of anything otherwise except crocheting a little. I finished up TEN pairs of earrings today and listed them on Etsy. Yikes! I guess when I'm "unproductive", I'm pretty productive still. They've been a lot of fun.



I love the colors so much! Happy happy happy! Unfortunately, I won't be crocheting for a while. My hands have been hurting a lot lately to the point of having to stop what I'm doing a few times a day, so I've decided to take a break from fidgety projects. I've been wanting to start tatting again though.... 

This is what my free time will be composed of from now on, I suppose. 



Digital painting!!! Woohoo! I finally saved up enough to get myself a drawing tablet. I got the Wacom Intuos5 Medium. It cost a pretty penny (To a broke student), but it's worth it. 

I think there's a stigma surrounding digital art. Some view it as easy or cheating, but, after using it myself, that is sooooo not true. Sure, if you alter photos with it, that's darn easy on a tablet. Drawing from scratch isn't easy at all. There are a lot of factors to keep in mind, plus you lose hours of work in a split second if you mess up. Also, not sure if everyone knows this, most digital pieces take between 8 and 15 hours to complete if not more. Masterpieces can take months. I have a newfound respect for digital artists, and hope to get there someday myself. 

I drew that eye (My eye) from scratch. You can import a picture into a layer to trace, but I don't like doing that, so I just eyeball (hehe) it. Tracing is something I do feel is cheating, for me anyway. This took around 3 hours and is not 100% perfect. I'm getting there. You'd laugh if you saw my first pieces... 

Have a nice day! 





3 comments:

  1. that is a very nice drawing. Congrats on your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely flowers, it's amazing how much we do when not productive, hope you get the results you want.
    Lovely eye,
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. I"m so glad you learned that your history teacher doesn't hate you! I love the crocheted flowers... so bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete